On most days daily Mass music consists of just 3 songs, so it is not as daunting a task as a Sunday Mass.
If you are a good musician but have never applied that talent to church, this is a great way to way to gain experience and confidence leading music at Mass. Or if a Sunday choir doesn't work in your schedule this semester, daily Mass music is another great option.
- Provide music at Daily Mass on a particular day of the week (i.e. Mondays, or Thursdays, etc);
- It can be just yourself as a soloist, or with a small group of two or three people you put together.
Instruments are optional.
- Leading simple hymns 'a cappella' is a great format at daily Mass if you are a confident singer. (the congregation will jump right in with you once you get the song started).
- Practices - each group sets their own practice day / time to prepare for Masses.
Leaders: based on interview / assessment to determine readiness:
- If you are ready to lead at Mass on your own, great.
- If you're not quite ready to fly solo we can partner you with someone while you gain experience.
- Membership: if you are interested in singing/playing, but not leading, that's fine too.
- Able to competently lead music at Mass as a soloist or with a very small group (two to three people).
- Willingness to learn and gain experience in applying musical gifts/skills at Mass.
- Reliability for the day/Masses scheduled.
- Contact: email@example.com