St. Vincent de Paul Society - Bryan/College Station Conference
The Bryan-College Station Conference of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVdP) is part of an international Catholic lay organization dedicated to offering person-to-person assistance in relieving the need and suffering of individuals and families in our communities, and providing them Christian friendship and solidarity. The St. Vincent de Paul Society embraces all works of charity and justice.
Our Conference comprises members from the five Catholic parishes: St. Anthony's, St. Joseph's, and Santa Teresa's in Bryan, and St. Mary's and St. Thomas Aquinas in College Station. With the support of these parishes, the St. Vincent de Paul Society provides a variety of services in our communities, including:
- St. Vincent de Paul Store (300 N. Main St., Bryan, TX 77803)
- Food and clothing assistance
- Financial assistance with rent, utilities, prescription drugs or transportation
- Disaster assistance
- Assistance to fire victims
How can you help?
Our Conference is always looking for volunteers and offers different opportunities, including:
- Caseworkers to visit with people in their homes to assess their needs (bilingual volunteers are greatly needed). Training is provided, all you need is the willingness to make a time commitment. All visits are made in pairs.
- Store volunteers to help with sorting, shelving and hanging donations.
- Volunteers for the food pantry on Thursdays 9 to 11:30 am, and 12:30 to 3:30 pm.
- Volunteers to pick up furniture from donors and deliver them to the Store.
- Volunteers to help with the Thanksgiving Food and Christmas Gifts Distributions.
For new volunteer, contact the SVdP office
- 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM at St. Thomas Aquinas (in room 5 of the old wing of the Religious Education building)
- 4th Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM at St. Joseph's PAC (right-hand corner room)